COMMAND YOUR DAY WHEN YOU WAKE UP TO PRAY

Greetings to you brethren in Christ, I know I haven’t posted since the start of the year. I had to deal with so much that everything I penned to post, I was unable to put them up on the blog. Probably for reasons best known to God. I wrote this post in November 2021, and I don’t why I didn’t share it on the blog then but I’ll share it today. Back in the last trimester of 2021, I made a habit of always waking up early in the morning before dawn to pray and make declarations over my life and my day and that’s when I got the title of this blogpost “Command your Day When You Wake Up To Pray”. Back in 2011, I came across a book with a similar title by Dr. Cindy Trimm, but what I’m about to share is from my personal experience. One time I was praying and I got a word in my inner man to speak or prophesy into my day. It’s easy to take such an instruction for granted but never forget obedience is better than sacrifice. I will tell you how it helped me, in fact how it changed my life. Sometime last year, I went through some very challenging times that caused me to be bitter, resentful, blamed others for my problems etc. I stopped showing up in the place of prayers which went on for a while and though my heart had a longing for God, I let circumstances dominate. During this season I wasn’t getting along well with most of the members of my family, and there was no reason for these conflicts. I knew that wasn’t me and so I started fighting to do something before it completely consumed me. I have these ledgers that I use when I’m either reading or studying, I had written so much in the ledger for spiritual stuffs and so I started reading the things I had written. Some are articles I posted on the blog, others are articles I had written and never shared anywhere. That was how I gradually started getting my life back on track. I made sure to read before bed and make spirit-filled declarations over my life, mind and body. I made declarations like “today, I have more than enough love to share with everyone I meet. Christ is my peace and He is my strength. He is my fortress and my rock, my hiding place in times of trouble. Today, I declare that I’m always ready to apologize when I wrong anyone and I make peace with them right after because the wisdom of God is at work in me.” Brethren in Christ, so many weeks have passed and I can only look back and be grateful God almighty delivered me from the fangs of the enemy. Sometimes things get to us that changes our perception of life and God in general, sometimes we don’t get to see or notice and those who notice may not be kind enough to tell us. I believe the Holy Spirit got me back on track by His Divine ability for which I’m grateful. Your situation may not be like mine but you too may be facing challenges that make you bitter, insecure, jealous, afraid etc., I encourage you to look up to God who is the Author and finisher of your faith (Hebrews 4). our God will never leave nor forsake us and He is not a man to lie nor the son of man to change His mind (Numbers 23:19). So every day when you wake up to pray or wake up to start your day make faith-filled declarations over your life, family, friends, well-wishers. Speak into your day and your interactions with the world, I believe you’ll have a new song to sing. DECLARATIONS OF FAITH FOR THIS NEW DAY Today, I declare that I’m alive and strong in Christ, in Him I live and move and have my being. Everywhere I step my foot, I show forth the life and light of God which is me. I am a fruitful vine and I bear fruits always. I have a sound mind; I work diligently and give my best in all that I do. The joy of the Lord is my strength and I can do all things through Christ who is the Greater one in me. I’m a limit breaker in my job, what takes people several years to get, comes to me by the Grace of God as easily as it can ever be. Every project I take part in, is successful. I’m a victor and a winner today and always in the Name of Jesus, Amen Blessed with all blessings in Christ!

Comments