A WORD FOR YOU AND I BEFORE THE YEAR RUNS OUT

We’re in the last few days of the year 2021, oh my goodness, ‘how time flies’. I remember at the start of this year how I had anticipated and hoped to do many things, which honestly seem to be on my carry over list for next year. As much as I didn’t plan for things to end up like this, they did. There are truly things beyond our control, and no matter how much you try to control them, you fail. Someone may say “common Cynthia, you can chart the course of your life all by yourself”, I don’t deny but do they mean to tell me everyone who ended up ‘bad’ in life charted the course of their life in that direction? True, our words have power, they are spirit and life then why do Christians suffer? I’ve tried so many things in life and failed as well as I’ve succeeded in some but what I have come to tell you and to keep in mind is TO TRUST IN THE LORD WITH ALL YOUR HEART. There can never be two captains in a ship and the Bible even tells us that you can’t serve two masters at a time. I’ve had my share of challenges in life and there were times when I tried doing things my way, I failed terribly. I’ve been discouraged, depressed and I was offended that God had failed me. Several times I made up my mind to walk out on this whole ‘God-thing” because I was feeling hurt but here I am still writing a blog. Sharing my challenges with you is not to gain anyone’s sympathy but to remind anyone out there who may be facing difficult times that ‘you can’t do it by yourself’. When I was down, I got to meet someone who told me a very unique testimony of something he earnestly prayed for God to do and got perfect results. He urged me not to give up on God nor my faith but to keep moving for they “that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength, they mount on wings like eagles and run and not grow weary…” (Isaiah 40:31). Our God is our Redeemer, our ever present Help in times of need. He is our Deliverer, our King and Holy One. He will never leave us nor forsake us. Though the sorrow may last for the night, His joy comes in the morning. The Lord says today “Come to me all ye that labor and are heavy laden and I will give you rest (Matthew 11:28)” His rest brings peace and opens many doors of opportunities. Whatever we seek has been made available to us in Christ (2 Peter 1:3), and as we trust in Him, He freely gives us all that pertains to life and godliness. It was for us that Jesus came, it was not because we are many but because we’re worthy of the best. His Salvation is a marvelous gift that we’ve received of Him. Everything God does is so that our joy can be complete. His promises to us are “Yea and Amen” and never forget that God is not a man, so He does not lie neither does He change His mind. He always brings His Word to pass (Numbers 23:19). Now, brethren in Christ, as we step in to this New year, it’s not like the clock will stop ticking or night and day will cease, no. Nothing spectacular will happen only our attitude will change everything. Remember that a double-minded person receives nothing from God (James 1:7-8) and I must honestly say I have been double minded too. Now is my set time to receive from God, I let go of all my efforts and let God have His way. We’re stepping into 2022 with a mind stayed on God, an attitude of trust in the One True Living God. We’ll stand our ground no matter the circumstances because we know our God is always faithful (1 Corinthians 1: 9, Philippians 4:19). Pray about everything, seeking God especially when you’re about to make any decision. Create time to pray for others: they could be your friends, colleagues, relatives etc. Make it a habit to read your Bible no matter how tired you feel, if God desires to speak to you, the Word of God needs to dwell richly in you for you to discern what He is communicating. Watch and pray for the times are evil and there’s a lot of deception in the world today. But remember “Jesus is the way, the Truth and the Life (John 14:6, Romans 3:4)” ‘Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him and He will make your path straight. Proverbs 3:6 NIV. This is the attitude we are ending the year with and believe me, we will come back with testimonies. Our God is for us, no one or nothing can be against us. We’re moving upward and forward only, no more regressing or one step forward and three steps backwards (No way). For the Lord has gone ahead of us in the up-coming year and He has made every crooked path straight. Blessed with all Blessings in Christ!

Comments