AN OPEN LETTER TO MY MOTHER ON MOTHER'S DAY

Dear Mama,
Being your daughter is one of the most beautiful things i have received as far as privileges are concerned. I remember being that small and opening my eyes to see your beautiful smile looking down at me, the only feeling i can remember thinking to myself that "I'm going to love this woman". That was my baby mind and believe me when i say you never failed me. You maintained that beautiful smile through every stage of my life; when i'm happy you rejoice with me. When i'm sad you encourage me, when i'm confused, you pray with me and for me. You're always looking out for me even when i'm stubborn and naughty. You believe in me even when i don't seem to see what i am capable of. You forgive the unforgivable and your heart is always compassionate towards everyone. Even when you're hurting, you always hide it just so your children don't to feel that energy coming from you. You are a perfect example of a humble person in general, you don't keep record of wrong.
I recently came across the card you gave to me when i was writing G.C.E Ordinary Levels and beautiful were your words. Those words you still speak over my life. You are a phenomenal mother, always ready to give more than you receive; very caring and loving. You behave the same towards all of your children and you are close friends with all of them. You are a go-getter, an achiever and you never give up on anything you set your mind to achieve. You care about others more than you can about yourself. You love everything you do and always sacrifice for the good of everyone. You taught me to be selfless  and keep other people's good in mind even if it hurts. When i'm sick irrespective of my age, you take care of me like you used to when i was a baby. You're a wonderful grand-mother and i pray the Lord adds more years of love and laughter to your life that you may enjoy the fruits of what you and daddy worked for all your lives. My dear mama, it's amazing to know that babies don't choose their mothers because God does the choosing; what an excellent choice He made to us. You are our gift of grace. Sometimes i think i'm a study bug but you are a bigger study bug (haha). I'll choose you a thousand times and every single moment i am conscious because you're simply the best. No amount of words can describe how much of a blessing you are to me. Thank you for being my mother, sister and friend and never forget that "I LOVE YOU". Everyday is mother's day and so i'm using this opportunity to tell the world that you're our blessing as a mother. Happy Mother's Day Dear Mama.
  
Your daughter
Cynthia but mostly call me Cindy
  

  



Comments