YOU HAVE A NEW NAME


I recently remembered a song we used to sing when we were young more like kids. It goes thus ‘Family of God, the Holy Family. We are the children of God born by the Spirit of God into God's Family." As believers in Christ, we are born of God. To be born of God means to be regenerated, to re-originate in God, to be fathered by God. We are begotten of God and thus, we're species of God. All that Jesus is, we are because we are in Him and He is our only Life (John 1:12-13, Colossians 3:3-4, 1 John 5:18). We are born from above; God chose us in Himself before the foundation of the world.
God reveals His mystical Name to Moses in Exodus 3:14 " And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you. Here God gave Moses His Name as "I AM THAT I AM" which has been translated by scholars as "YAHWEH". We must remember that the Name God personally revealed of Himself is "I AM THAT I AM". "Why is this important? When Moses repeated the Name of God's self disclosure "I AM" he became the expression of God! "I AM" is the ineffable Name of God. His Name is not merely one of identification, but one of manifestation. Whatever you add to the "I AM" Name of God becomes the expression in you. It is with this understanding that Paul, as an expert student of the Old Testament said, "but by the grace of God I am what I am... (1Corinthians 15:10). He understood that through his union with Christ, he had been brought into an inseparable oneness with God and he was the expression of the 'I AM'. Do not take the Name of God in vain by adding to it what God is not. Whenever you say "I AM sick", 'I AM poor', 'I AM in lack', 'I AM depressed' etc; you are demonstrating a lack of reverence to God's ineffable Name. From the Name God revealed to Moses, it is evident that He has always desired that we should be His living expression in the earth. Begin to walk in the fullness of the revelation today." Dr Shawn Smith.
Defining the word "family" is a rendering of the Greek "patria" which speaks of a group, class or household that claims a common descent from one Father. In the Greek "Pater" refers to one who infuses the mind of another with his vital principle by announcing to him his identity. Our Heavenly Father is thus the one from whom our new nature and identity in Christ originate. He has named by a new Name, which is His own Name. God is the Father from whom very family in Heaven and on earth is named. That Name is none other than the Name of Jesus; which is the Name which is above every name (Philippians 2:9-11, Ephesians 3:14-15). At the ascension and session of Jesus Christ, the Father decreed that the Triune Godhead will bear and answer the name of the Lord Jesus Christ (Proverbs 30:1-4). Take special note here that you're not Jesus, but you have been joined to Him in an inseparable union and the Father has granted you the irrevocable right to use His name as a sign that you have been fully accepted into His Family. Now that you have a new name refuse to identify with that name that is trying to tag itself on you; names like 'rejection', 'shame', 'fear', 'depression', 'forsaken', 'confusion' etc. You have been named by such an excellent Name; with the Name is the weight of glory, the weight of God's own reputation. With the weight of His influence has God placed upon you by calling you His own. Rejoice because God has given you the privilege, the right to use the Name of Jesus and so when you pray 'In the Name of Jesus' you're saying, in the position, by the authority and in the character of Jesus.


Blessed with all Blessings in Christ!

Comments