YOU ARE WORTH MORE THAN A BIRD

Most times when I am alone I like to stir my consciousness in the things of God and it gives room for the Holy Spirit to minister to my inner man. Some days ago, while I was alone and meditating on the love of God revealed through the 'In Christ' devotions, the Spirit of God ministered this beautiful truth to me about the love of God. I was reading Matthew 6:26 KJV, it says "Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns, yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are you not much better than they? This verse ends with a rhetorical question which Jesus uses to reveal the love and faithfulness of God. I have never heard that a bird died of starvation, neither did I hear of a bird dying from an incurable disease nor a bird owning a farm or having a job. It may sound foolish or funny but it is true. These birds that fly around are being taken care of by God. This is a detail we have hardly ever dwelled on because it appears insignificant to us. Do you know that this explains the depth of God's love and faithfulness towards  us? Yes! If God can be as faithful and loving enough to take care of birds that don't have any spiritual purpose to fulfill in His plans on earth what about you? Jesus did not die for birds and He doesn't live in any bird. And as unimportant as these birds are to us, they represent God's promise to always take care of us. In John 3:16, God sends His only begotten Son Jesus to die on the cross as our substitute. Jesus did not only come to die for us but include us in the divine life. Jesus Christ came to show how valuable we are to the Father. We are now born of God; we are no longer born of flesh and blood but of the Spirit (John 1:12-13). You cannot be born of God and He is not your Father; He is not like our earthly fathers, He is a good Father. Many days, we look at our salvation in Christ like it's just an encounter between God and man but no, it was God including mankind into His incorruptible, indestructible, infallible life through the once and forever sacrifice of Himself in His Son Jesus Christ. A life that is not affected by time nor is it liable to change. In this life we have received in Christ Jesus, we are safe, secure, preserved as whole, redeemed, sanctified, justified by faith in Him. Christ has been made our wisdom, righteousness and peace. We have been fully provided for; spirit, soul and body. (Romans 5:10-12, Colossians 2:9-10, Romans 8:15, Ephesians 4:6, 2 Corinthians 5:17).
The love of God is so great and so strong; we can never exaggerate it but we can under estimate it. Because we are His sons, He has sworn to Himself never to leave or forsake us, our wellbeing is not in the hands of any man because God will never forsake us (Hebrews 13:5-6). The treats as His top priority and we are His responsibility. In the riches of His goodness, He will keep us safe from harm and preserve us in His love. God planned my life personally, He elected me, chose me, predestined me, regenerated me because I am worth more than a bird to Him ( say the same to yourself). I am special to God in every way. I have His DNA, His Spirit quickens my mortal body thus keeping me safe from sickness and infirmity. Jesus became my shame that I may live in His freedom. He became my sin that I might be made righteous in Him. He became my weakness that I might be strong in Him. He became human that to make me a partaker of the divine life. He became poor to make me rich and He became my sickness that I might be made whole in Him. Amen!

You are Blessed in Christ!

Comments