WANNA TAKE YOUR QUIET TIME UP A NOTCH




As believers in Christ Jesus we all have that time when we desire to be alone spending time with God in fellowship and prayer. Though some days it appears like we’re lost and can’t seem to focus, on other days we’re enjoying every single moment of that time. While some believers find it burdensome and treat it as a chore, others say it makes them sleepy. Hey, it’s not my intention to make anyone feel guilty or bad but I believe you might be in one of these two categories of believers; it’s either you treat the Bible as déjà vu, and so you’re already so familiar with its contents (sounds familiar… huh! I’ve been there) or you’re simply uninterested or lazy. Believe me when I say it’s so easy to be lazy in this area of our lives and to always give it second or even last place. In this blog post today I will be sharing with you what I do during my quiet time and don’t think for once I am better in any way but I also believe by the Spirit of God, it can serve as an encouragement to someone in some way.

STUDY THE BIBLE: Take note here that I didn’t say read the Bible and in order to study the following be very necessary. Well, to start with the essentials, there are squarely shaped pieces of papers (I love those with different colors), color pencils or highlighters, pens, a pack of sticky notes, an exercise book or notepad. The squarely shaped blank sheets are used for writing verses that stood out along with the theme of the verse (I also do drafts of most blog posts I am writing on some of these blank sheets of paper and the difference is in the kind I pick). Highlighters are used to underline verses in my Bible, paragraphs or sentences in my devotional as well as books written by ministers of the Gospel that I buy. Of course we use either pens or pencils to write and for the 'post it', I write the mandate of the Ministry (the church where I fellowship), I write phrases that reveal the person and finished works of Christ, my confession of faith and much more. In my note book and exercise book I write whatever the Holy Spirit teaches or reveals to me through my inner man, I write words of knowledge spoken over my life, dreams and visions I know the Lord is revealing something to me and continue praying for more insight etc. There’s something I call my declaration it has a song and something I wrote down several months ago; it’s what I desire to do for the spread of the Gospel, my commitment to lead people to the Saving works of Christ for mankind etc.

PRAY AND SING IN TONGUES: We are blessed to have a language that comes from the Father. The Holy Spirit prays the will of the Father through us through this divine language called Tongues. Take note that when praying in Tongues your mind is unfruitful because it’s your spirit praying and not your mind. When praying in Tongues always try to build images of Christ and your union with Him in your mind dwell on that oneness you now have in Christ from whom flows your true nature. The more the eyes of your understanding are enlightened the more you grow in your knowledge of Christ. Singing in Tongues is just as wonderful as praying in Tongues, all Glory and praise is ascribed unto the Father and Him alone (1 Corinthians 14:2,18). The Apostle spoke in other Tongues as often as He could because He understood the power of praying the Holy Ghost.

TAKE DOWN NOTES IN CHURCH: If I could, I will copy everything the Minister of the Gospel teaches in every service, yes I do take down notes during the church service because a lot about Christ is revealed when the Ministers of the Gospel are teaching. I am so thankful for the local church the Lord led me to fellowship in and I call it “home” because I was introduced to so much revelation of the person of Jesus Christ and His saving works and it is taught with excellence and clarity for the rising of the glorious church. When I take down notes in church, I still read them at home as well as buy books written by these Ministers of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

I guess I’ve shared with you of most what I do during my quiet time and it’s mostly about studying. If you must grow in your knowledge, understanding and experience of the Gospel, you need to be committed in your study time. Identify with a local church that teaches the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Let your focus be on the Gospel, take notes and read them, make songs in your heart in Tongues and in your understanding and sing them aloud giving God glory. Listen to cds of Ministers of the Gospel; you can copy them into your mp3 devices or phones or any device just in case you find yourself somewhere and you’re free, you can listen to it. What matters is being consistent in your hearing of the Gospel, the more you hear it the more it becomes real to you and the more you will experience the joy that flows from the life of God in you. The Apostle Paul encouraged Timothy to study to make himself approved in order to speak the mind of the Father and not His (2 Timothy 2:15). The more you study the more you see how much you need to spread the Gospel, the more you see yourself as a co laborer with Christ in reconciling the world to the Father.


You Are Loved!!!

Comments