BE FIRM IN THE TRUTH OF THE GOSPEL





Would like to share with you a little personal stuff about my life; as much as I am not proud of it but I am glad it has helped me to be where I am today. Me, sharing the experience is so we can first of all be more aware of who we are in Christ, His person and finished works. Some years ago, my cousin who lived in another city came home with something he’d learnt which is a religion practiced in India and I am not going to enter much into details because it’s quite popular. I was a teen back then I got so curious even without giving heed to what my parents thought about it. I learnt a lot about it and started practicing some of the things they do. All that I was doing didn’t correspond to the Word of God but I kept on pushing forward. Do you know why I kept on pushing forward? Because I felt it was so easy and visible which is totally not what is needed to understand the Gospel(sense knowledge). Take note that any religion that claims to blend many religions in its practices doesn’t have a base or foundation of their own. This type of religion is out to confuse people in numerous ways. One day, I prayed to God that it’s Him I want to know and I don’t want to look for Him where I can not find Him. Don’t know why I prayed that prayer that day but I am glad I did. Can’t explain how I stopped my curiosity, I just know I desired to study my Bible more. My convictions weren’t very strong per se but God used different ways to bring me to an understanding of His Word. In 2010, I received Jesus as my one and only life. I started reading my Bible along with books written by Christian authors. I started spending time in fellowship with the Father through prayer and Worship. The Holy Spirit started revealing Christ to me in many ways.

I am sharing this because a lot of young people today hop from religion to religion in search of the truth. Truth is revealed by the Holy Spirit not sensed by our human instincts. A heart that is not established on the truth of the Gospel is unstable. There is no truth apart from JESUS CHRIST (John 14:6, 1 John 3:19-21). The Gospel of Jesus Christ is the absolutely truth and doesn’t need sense knowledge to understand it but revelation knowledge. Revelation in itself comes from God alone. When you confess Jesus as Lord of your life, you receive the person of the Holy Spirit and He makes you His dwelling place with all that is in Christ. You are made righteous, redeemed, sanctified, and justified by faith which is the faith of Jesus Christ. When Jesus was made incarnate as man, He represented in Himself all of humanity and thus His crucifixion, death, burial, resurrection, ascension and seating was with all of humanity in Him. Jesus didn’t give anything apart from Himself to us that we might become what He is in Himself (John 3:16, Philippians 2:5-6, Ephesians 2:4-5, 1 Corinthians 5:14). He loved us perfectly even when we were indifferent towards Him (1 John 4:19, Romans 5:8). We are preserved in Him (1 Thessalonians 5:23). Jesus Christ is the only Savior of humanity and He is thus the only One who has the power to transform our lives (2 Corinthians 5:17-19). No man has the power to take away our sins but Jesus Christ. Everything He did for us was because He loves us and thus He freely gave us the privilege to enjoy bountifully all that He has done for us. The mercy of God is His particular love towards us; He feels our hurts and pain and He fills us with everything we need. If we must relate with God in order to experience the riches of His Grace, we must understand how much He loves us and how valuable we are to Him(Ephesians 2:4-5, Hebrews 4:15-16). All that Jesus did, He did it for us, with us and as us (John 1:14, 1 Timothy 2:5-6, Ephesians 2:8-9, 2 Corinthians 5:21). We are born of God and Jesus is the life in us. This is my firm conviction of the Gospel of Jesus Christ (Galatians 2:20). 


You’re Blessed!!!

Comments