A SERVING HEART




This is the second part of the most important qualities every girl desiring to be a godly wife should have. It’s easy to serve but difficult to serve whole-heartedly because some people serve today with joy and tomorrow they are grumbling and murmuring to themselves. Everyone has their reason for serving; some people serve to be rewarded  while others serve out of obligation. As much as it may sound so easy but many young women hate to serve others thinking they will be looked upon as maids. There’s a way to serve and still keep your integrity and not appear like a slave. I noticed that the best way to express humility is through serving and it gives more joy when you don’t expect anything in return. When serving, forget about what people will think about you because people will always have what to think about. Of course, not everyone will see it as noble; some will see it as debasing but don’t stop because you are learning a virtue that silver or gold cannot buy. One time I decided that, when I’m going out to get my lunch at work, will order for my colleagues as well. As much as some of them took it as a right, it didn’t hurt me. I realized I was happy being of service to them. I’m not talking about Christians or nice people here. Some of them treat me scornfully and snobbishly as well as trying so hard to impose on me. One time I got angry and didn’t want to serve them but the Holy Spirit helped me understand that we can not show kindness to people for any reason short of LOVE(AGAPE) because they are valuable to God. As we grow older, we’ll be faced with situations (even in marriage) where we will serve people and even our spouses not because they deserve our services but because of the love of God in us. You might be angry at somebody but when serving them protect your heart from bitterness by serving with joy, remember your heart is where springs the issues of life. To serve with joy doesn't require anything on your part, just let Christ live His life of love in you. As a matter of fact, a great side of marriage deals mostly with service; you will serve your husband in many ways as well as your kids and other extended family members. Cultivate the habit of doing little things with joy and you will find great fulfillment in doing even big things. Love is made manifest through acts of service.

You Are Blessed!!!

Comments