WHAT IF…AN ENEMY OF PEACE




It's the Christmas season and we have plans to do so many things like visit friends, buy gifts, spend time with family and do so many new things. There are also surprises we may have programmed for loved ones as well. Aside from all these we have our own expectations too. As we plan to do these things this season,  comes the enemy? The enemy here is none other than ‘WHAT IF’… you suddenly find yourself asking questions like;
  • What if it doesn’t work?
  • What if I they i don't have time?
  • What if I can’t afford it?
  • What if they don't like it?
  • What if it's just a waste of time?
And the list goes on and on. I can’t count the number of times questions like these have taken away my peace and planted a big seed of worry, fear, insecurity, confusion etc in my mind. I thank God because through revelation knowledge of who i am in Christ, i have been able to fight them off in the best way possible. Don’t think they stopped coming they still do but I fight them off aloud with the Word of God!
When the WHAT IF comes, I start telling myself that I can do all things through Christ who is my strength (Philippians 4:13). I am not limited by race, distance, time, height, depth because I have been given all things through my union with Jesus Christ. I cannot be rejected because I represent Jesus wherever I go. I have the life of God in me and thus I have been made whole (Colossians 2:9). I am one Spirit with God and I am complete in Him. Through the Ministry of the Holy Spirit, I am being taught and guided on what is mine in Christ. All that I have and will ever have has been given to me by my Eternal Father. I don’t need to feel inferior or embarrassed to receive the abundance of all that He has given to me. Because of the indestructible life of God in me, I qualify for everything Grace has freely given to me. God is the Author of all that I am and I have been justified by faith in Christ Jesus. My shortcomings or weaknesses don’t define me because His strength is made perfect in my weakness. Because of God’s mercy I cannot faint and He will never abandon me.
Each time you are faced with  a WHAT IF… replace it with ‘THANK YOU FATHER…’ This way, you will be acknowledging your identity in Christ Jesus and giving Glory to God our Father. Don’t let ‘what if…’ruin the beautiful things you plan to do this Christmas.

 Grace and Peace!!! 

Comments