NEW YEAR REALIZATIONS




This is a time when many people in different parts of the world are doing what is commonly known as New Year resolutions. On the list we have things like ‘i will travel to different countries’ ‘i will become a better me’ and more. For several years, i will spend my time writing New Year resolutions and expectations and i recently discovered that it puts pressure on you to succeed. I remember when 2013 ended; I was disappointed and discouraged because I felt I hadn’t met the things on my resolution list. Last year I went ahead and wrote it still but it didn’t turn out like before because along the way I learnt not to put pressure of any sort on myself to fulfill everything on the list. This time around I call them realizations not because time will bring something extra into my life but because by God’s grace His purpose will take its course in my life. My resolutions were 70 percent about me and maybe 30 percent about God. I have made up my mind because most times we have to be intentional about the things of God if not you will remain stagnant whereas you have the Spirit of God in you but you have let it be dormant. There’s a common saying that ‘you can’t do the same things always and expect different results’. Truly, I want to let Galatians 2:20 (AMP) “I have been crucified with Christ [that is, in Him I have shared His crucifixion]; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body I live by faith [by adhering to, relying on, and completely trusting] in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me” be my only reality. I want the life of Jesus to dominate mine; I want the mind and thoughts of God to be my thoughts. I want to serve more than I am being served. I don’t want my singular ‘I’ I want ‘I’ which is Jesus and me united. I want the plans of God to dominate mine because His plans are perfect for me (John 15:5). Jesus won the victory for me and until I am aware and living in that reality I won’t be able to experience all that He has freely given unto me. I am in Him and He is in me; we are ONE (1 John 4:4b). Because of Jesus everything we look forward to have been fulfilled in Him and so only in Christ can we walk in everything that has been predestined to us (Ephesians 1:3).

You are blessed with all blessings!!!

Comments