GIVE THANKS!!!




Giving thanks is believed mostly to be an act or words spoken to express gratitude. When someone does something for you, common reflex requires that you say ‘thank you’. Giving thanks to God is a lot different. If you have to give Him thanks for the many countless things He’s done; I believe your vocabulary will be made up of one phrase with four words “Thank you Lord Jesus”. Before I continue with this post, I’ll like to take this opportunity to thank you reading this and everyone who has liked, shared and has been part of this blogging journey. You have been an invisible strength and you’ve always pushed me not to relent nor give up; I bless God for your life.  I know I’ve not been very consistent lately due to some restraints but I believe by the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ 2020 won’t be the same. Now David the great Psalmist had these unique songs where he expressed his gratitude towards God. He blessed God for His love that never fails, for His unconditional acceptance and more. He made statements like “what shall I render to my Lord for His goodness towards me”. Most of his psalms commend us to “Give thanks unto the Lord…” because He was conscious of God’s goodness (‘Celebrate God’s goodness in your life’ is another blog post here)

Thanksgiving is not just a one day event which comes once a year but a lifestyle. Father God is faithful, He provides daily for our needs, strengthens us even when we’re weak and faced with circumstances that challenge us. His Life in us energizes and vitalizes us to move forward and not faint. In His love for us, He will never fail us. Sometimes we feel we’re going through something that holds us back from giving thanks but believe me when I say that situation can only work for your good (Romans 8:28). Speak life which is the Word of God into that situation and no matter what you see, don’t be discouraged. Apostle Paul commends us in 1 Thessalonians 5:18 KJV “In everything give thanks for it is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you”. I know it’s hard not to complain when faced with a struggle but don’t quit. My younger sister encouraged me to either sing a song that reminds me of God’s faithfulness or to speak in tongues rather than complain. Though it has not always been easy, it has been worthwhile.

Dear brethren in Christ, I don’t know what you may be going through but one thing I encourage you to do is give thanks. Father God has not brought you this far to leave you nor cast you away. His plan for your life and mine stands firm and cannot fail. He chose you and I and is not ashamed to call us His children; belonging to His family. God cannot lie and He will never abandon us His children. His mercy and unending love keeps us. Let’s give Him thanks for His great love that will never fail. We will not be afraid, neither will we give up for our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ has gone ahead and has made every crooked path straight. It’s a new day and we’re living in His victory. Give thanks because our God who called us unto the fellowship of His Son is faithful and will not fail us (1 Corinthians 1:9). Because of you families come to knowledge of the truth (Gospel), you’re a blessing and so give thanks. You’re a solution to international affairs because Christ is your wisdom. You’re among those who will bring great change the nations of this world. Christ is in you and He is your life, give thanks.
You’re blessed in Christ Jesus!!!

Comments