YOU ARE NOT ORDINARY




I was watching the news today and the journalist made this statement “the whole world is freaking out and they have virtually forgotten how to live their lives.” That’s in reference to COVID-19 which truly seems to be getting the best of many people around the world. It’s quite tempting not to be afraid especially if the disease is in your city. But be encouraged and know you’re not ordinary, why do I say so? Because Jesus Christ is your Lord and Savior and He lives in you. John 3:16 (Dallas Willard Translation) “God’s care for humanity was so great that He sent His unique Son among us, so that those who count on Him as God’s love to them might not lead a futile and failing existence, but have the undying life of God Himself”. Amen! Because you have received Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior by faith, you now have the incorruptible, indestructible, uncreated and undying life of God in you. You have passed from death unto life (John5:24) and you are seated with Christ in the Heavenly realms far above principalities and powers. Wherever Jesus is, you are and that makes you someone who is in no way ordinary. The God and Father of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ is now our Father in Christ.

Dear brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might, do not let yourself be afraid for our God has gone ahead of us and has made every crooked path straight. His mercies that are ever new abound towards us and because we trust in Him, He will never fail us.  You’re not to relate with yourself by mere human standards for you’re essentially spirit; joined together with Christ in an inseparable union (1 Corinthians 6:17). You are the righteousness of God in Christ, sanctified and justified by faith in Him. You and I are partakers of the resurrection life that Christ presently lives in us. Jesus Christ chose you and I and included us into Himself; our lives are inextricably bound to His. We are energized from within by the life of God and if God is the life in us in Christ, it’s only but evident that His nature is equally dwelling in us. His genetic imprint is within us. The cross of Jesus Christ has eternally separated you and I from any association of the fall. You’re the new creation created in Christ unto good works. You’re not conformed to the fears of this world but you’re renewed in the spirit of your mind by the knowledge of Christ in you. YOU’RE NOT ORDINARY. You are so one and intertwined with Jesus Christ that the begotten of God, in keeping you it implies He is keeping Himself (1 John 5:18). Jesus Christ was made a curse for you and I, so that in Him we can become the blessing. He was made sickness, that in Him we might be made whole. He went into harm’s way, that in Him we might be preserved from harm ( even pandemics).

PRAYER

Father of my Lord Jesus Christ, I thank you for making me a partaker of your divine nature which has endowed me with the capacity to love you. This day I take my place in Christ and I stand in the power of His might; I stand in Christ for the victory has been won and in Christ the victory is mine. I profess with joy that Jesus is Lord of my life; I am blessed, whole, preserved and complete in Him. Because I am in Christ, I declare that I’m not ordinary, I have His life. My confidence is what Christ has done for me on the cross. I will live and not die to declare the wondrous works of Jesus Christ. Amen!!!

Comments